ECOHZ Blue Power
We recommend this product for future minded companies that are concerned about the environmental footprint of renewable energy production. ECOHZ Blue Power adheres to the latest EU environmental criteria and protects rivers, flora and fauna.
Buying ECOHZ Blue Power ensures that the electricity production fulfils strict environmental criteria on minimum water flow management, conservation of ground water, conservation of wild animals, birds, crops and habitats.
ECOHZ Blue Power is produced by power plants, selected by ECOHZ, fulfilling the following requirements:
- The electricity is generated from 100% renewable energy documented with Guarantees of Origin from hydro, wind and/or solar.
- The production meets the latest EU Environmental standards regarding protection of habitat, birds and biodiversity through the following EU Directives:
- The Water Framework Directive (Directive 2000/60/EC of 23 October 2000 establishing a framework for water policy)
- The Habitats Directive (Directive 92/43/EEC of 21 May 1992 on the conservation of natural habitats and of wild fauna and flora)
- The Birds Directive (Directive 2009/147/EC of 30 November 2009 on the conservation of wild birds (replacing the previous directive from 1979)
Luxembourg illuminated by environmental-friendly Blue Power
In the next three years, traffic- and street lights in Luxembourg will use renewable electricity to show traffic signals and lighten streets during the night. Public authorities – Administration des ponts et chaussées – require green products and the public tender was won by regional electricity supplier Enovos offering ECOHZ Blue Power to both green, yellow and white traffic signals as well as street lighting in Luxembourg. The Blue Power to be delivered is a mix of wind and hydropower that adheres to the latest EU environmental criteria protecting rivers, birds, flora and fauna. With Blue Power you are using renewable electricity and taking environmental responsibility.