Finance new renewables together
GO² United gives you the opportunity to reduce your carbon footprint and show your sustainability commitment, while consuming and building new renewable energy. GO² United is an accessible, low-risk and low-cost entry for companies to engage, finance renewable energy projects and become energy positive. Your financing contributions will, together with the contributions from other companies, quickly unlock renewable energy projects and bring more renewable energy to the grid.
How it works
GO² United bundles documented renewable energy consumption with a contribution to ECOHZ Renewable Energy Foundation that directly funds new renewable energy projects. EUR 0.60 per MWh sold is directly allocated via the non-profit foundation to named projects. This means that GO² United enables companies to jointly finance additional renewable energy production.
GO² United builds on the new and innovative concept GO². It combines purchasing renewable energy documented with Guarantees of Origin (GOs) with top-financing of named renewable projects. With GO² you can buy Guarantees of Origin from a power plant and finance new power plants.
GO² United is built on the following GO² principles
- GO tracking and reporting: GO² is built on the European system of Guarantees of Origin (GO), ensuring proper tracking and reporting of the origin.
- Top-financing: The GO² top-financing covers up to 15% of the total project costs and triggers a domino effect. For GO² United EUR 0.60/MWh is allocated to the ECOHZ Renewable Energy Foundation to named projects.
- Delivering real increase: Any of the “mature” renewable technologies (solar, wind, hydro, geothermal and biomass) are eligible for GO² funding.
- Allocation guarantee: The GO² solution will be based on a firm investment allocation guarantee.
- Representation and reporting: The buyer of GO² must correctly represent and report the percentage/volume of GO² purchases relative to their total power consumption.
- Third Party verification: To ensure transparency and quality, TÜV Rheinland certifies our GO² concept – including the product options GO² United and GO² Signature – and audits them annually.
- Multiplier effect: The ECOHZ Renewable Energy Foundation will provide top-financing to the projects using an attractive lending scheme. The lending scheme ensures payback of funds, creating a circular model with multiplier effect as the funds are reinvested in yet another project.
ECOHZ identifies suitable new renewable energy projects that are ready to be built, but lack financing. ECOHZ works with customers and providers to realise the project. The ECOHZ Renewable Energy Foundation ensures to financing for the selected projects, and thanks to re-use of funds – the additionality impact grows exponential.
GO² United has proven additionality by enabling businesses to directly top-finance named new renewable energy projects in Europe in need of financing together with others.
GO² United enables you to market specific power plants you have financed. Together you will be united in driving the energy transition by building more new renewables today.