OK POWER is a German ecolabel promoting energy from new power plants and is based on renewable energy documented by Guarantees of Origin. It promotes the use of new renewable power plants, the investment in them and contributions to the energy revolution. OK POWER is managed by the Hamburg Institut.
Buying Guarantees of Origin with this ecolabel guarantees that the renewable energy adheres to the ecolabel’s requirements.
Electricity products and providers eligible for OK POWER certification must meet the following criteria:
- Electricity is generated from 100% renewable energy sources
- The electricity provider is not financially involved in nuclear or coal power plants
- The electricity provider is not involved in the planning of nuclear or coal power plants
- Consumer-friendly contractual terms
Reseller model (Händlermodell):
- At least 1/3 of the electricity produced comes from new power plants less than six years old at time of delivery
- At least 1/3 of the electricity produced comes from power plants 6 -12 years old at time of delivery
- At most 1/3 of the electricity produced comes from power plants older than 12 years at time of delivery
Innovation model (Innovationsfördermodell):
- EUR 0.05 per KWh or EUR 5 per MWh sold is invested into innovative projects that promote energy transition, including energy efficiency measures to innovative electricity storage concepts
Initiating model (Initiierungsmodell):
- The supplier needs to inititate construction of new renewable energy sources such as solar panels and wind turbines