ECOHZ is searching for an IT-architect to lead the development of its global platform for sale and procurement of renewable energy certificates. ECOHZ actively aims to pilot new technologies that have clear business benefits, and this is a rare opportunity to spearhead this effort. ECOHZ thrives on challenging existing market models, and we see great potential in leveraging technology to help us reach our goals.
The IT-architect is expected to lead the outsourced ECOHZ development team of highly skilled individuals, besides working with ECOHZ business stakeholders to continuously update and execute the direction of the ECOHZ IT platform. We invite applications from excellent IT-architects with a proven track record in development projects, deep knowledge of technology, and broad understanding of business or willingness to understand business as well as technology. The person we seek should be senior in attitude, not necessarily in age.
Key responsibility areas
- Lead the ECOHZ development team remotely on a day-to-day basis
- Maintain and update the architecture documentation of the IT platform
- Identify non-functional requirements (e.g. scalability, security) and create the architecture to support these
- Be the link between ECOHZ process owners and IT solutions
- Enable transformation from a “people company” to a “technology company”
- Interact with ECOHZ business stakeholders to identify opportunities and maintain the roadmap for the IT portfolio
- Analyze new technology, ECOHZ business decisions, and competitors’ IT capabilities, to update and maintain strategic development goals for the IT portfolio
- Highly skilled in data modeling and process modeling
- Deep technical understanding of what drives non-functional systems behavior like performance, scalability, security, etc.
- Experience in managing development teams that works in an agile environment
- Project management experience, technical or otherwise
- Knowledge of the energy and utility domain, and especially renewable energy, is beneficial but not a requirement
- Ability to communicate with high precision both with technical developers and business process stakeholders
- Ability to simplify without abstracting away that which is important
- Proactive and with a genuine interest in new and emerging technologies
- Verbal and written fluency in English.
ECOHZ offers global renewable energy solutions to businesses, organisations and electricity providers – providing renewable electricity, from a wide range of sources, regions and qualities. Renewable electricity is documented by Guarantees of Origin in Europe, RECs in North America and International RECs (I-RECs) in a growing number of countries in Asia, Latin America and Africa. ECOHZ also provides an innovative additionality solution – GO² – combining renewable energy purchases with the financing and building of new renewable power generation. Companies choosing documented renewable energy can reduce their carbon footprint and improve their sustainability ratings. ECOHZ is among the leading independent suppliers in Europe, and has offices in Norway and Switzerland. ECOHZ endeavours to play an active role in the current energy transition through its vision of “changing energy behaviour”.