ECOHZ provides Guarantees of Origin for renewable energy adhering to the criteria for usage of electricity set by LEED. The accredited renewable energy comes from selected power plants owned and managed by power producers with long-term agreements with ECOHZ.
Customers that buy this product are guaranteed that the generated electricity meets the following criteria:
- Guarantees of Origin certified hydroelectric power plants not older than the 1st of January 1997
- Hydropower is attributed to an identifiable and clearly described source of generation
- Hydropower needs to be generated "run-of-river" meaning generation apart from the original river run
- Plant has total power capacity of maximum 5 MW (turbines not to be counted individually), or produced in water pipeline, or irrigation canal
- Confirmation that the guarantees will be sold by producer only once, excluding the possibility of "double counting"
The contractual period must be minimum two years.